Welcome to ALIR, LLC (“ALIR,” “we,” “us,” or “our“). ALIR is a company in the life settlement industry.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will comply with all applicable laws and regulation relating to the collection of information. The following types of information are collected by us:
Information you provide to us:
- Personally identifiable information such as information about your health, medical, financial, and identity, in order to refer your life insurance policy to a licensed life settlement provider.
- Communications between you and ALIR. For example, we may send you Service-related e-mails (e.g., technical and security notices, changes/updates to features of the Service).
Analytics tools to collect information:
- We use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics in order for Display Advertisers to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. The trends are measured via first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular User. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers by following the directions here.
Cookies and tracking technologies:
Log file information:
- We log information about your use on our website; including your browser type, language, access times, pages viewed each time you make a request to visit, or access an application or webpage. Log file information can also be provided when the content of the application or webpage is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, number of clicks, web request, referring / exit pages and URLs, browser type, and how you interact with links on the Service, landing pages, domain names, pages viewed, and other such information. ALIR may also collect similar information from e-mails sent to our Users which help us track which e-mails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients of those e-mails. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a device like a computer or phone to access our Service, we may access, monitor, collect, and/or store on your device. Further, we may remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device, which uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by ALIR.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service. Therefore, a device identifier may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and advertisement. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is disabled or impaired.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
ALIR may use information about you for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- to facilitate a referral of your life insurance policy to a licensed life settlement provider;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, activity, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online advertisement or other forms of marketing;
- provide, maintain, improve, test, and monitor our Service;
- remember information so you do not have to re-enter the information during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- fix or diagnose technology problems;
- test and develop new features and products;
- investigate, detect and prevent any unauthorized, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- send you notices, updates, support, administrative or security alert messages;
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
Who we share your information with:
- We may share your information with Affiliates. Affiliates may use this information to help understand, provide, and improve the Service (which includes providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (which includes providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We may share your information with third-party vendors, including but not limited to, life expectancy providers and health providers, that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers“). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is authorized by you beforehand and as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- We may preserve, access, and share your information in response to a legal process or request for information (such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena). This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also preserve, access, and share information when it is necessary to: investigate, remedy, detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Information we receive about you may be processed, accessed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Any of your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed by ALIR, its Affiliates or Service Providers in the United States where they maintain offices and facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguard protection to help keep the information collected through the Service secure. However, ALIR cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to ALIR or guarantee that information on the Service may not be altered, disclosed, accessed, disclosed, or destroyed.
- OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US